Monday, May 28, 2012

Level Up Basketball Training Center

The Level Up Basketball Training Center is now on its third year of providing developmentally sound basketball training for players of all levels. The Level Up program was initiated by player turned coach Leo Molina.

Here is his personal letter which I requested for our blog post:


Level Up Basketball Training Center started January of 2010. Level Up started its first Module at the  Lourdes School of Mandaluyong Gym. Another training center was set up in RFM Gym in Pioneer Mandaluyong City and currently, we have the Beacon School Covered Court in Taguig City as our venue.

In the 2009 Palarong Pambansa-Tacloban City, I received the Palarong Pambansa Coach of the Year, Elementary Division. I was the very first recipient of this award this was very meaningful to me for two reasons: one, Tacloban is my father's hometown and I dedicate this award to him and second, receiving the award gave me the impression that I did something right in training my student-athletes become better students in and out of the classrooms and basketball courts.

Program planning was difficult because I wanted to create a developmentally-sound basketball program aimed at the Filipino player's physique and mentality. It took me about a year to come up with a program that considers the strengths and weaknesses of every child enrolling in it.

Several consultations were made prior to starting Level Up.  I consulted with PBA Alaska Aces Trainor Gus Vargas, where I was an understudy for a few months for the Team. PBA official doctor, Dra. Pie Aycardo, was also consulted. She was was my doctor and was very helpful in bringing me back from my basketball-related injury in 2010.

Level Up trains as young as 5 year old & Parent's who aspire to teach their kids the science of basketball and the values you can get from playing the game.

Level Up's mission-vision is to produce Student-Athletes that are responsible in their academic load too.

Level Up consistently produces student-athletes who plays UAAP, NCAA and other schools having a competitive basketball programs. The benefits are overflowing and the scholarship they get from these schools is just the icing on the cake.

Now Level Up is on its 3rd year, we are now looking into the addition of Module 3 to complete a year-round training and tournament program.    Hopefully, Level Up will produce more student-athletes and help more parents in getting their kids into sports.

If you want your game to be good, better or best, Level Up!


Coach Leo Molina
Founder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Free Internet Chess Server

FICS: Free Internet Chess Server