Thursday, March 5, 2009

Morocco's Image

2 months prior to my flight going to Morocco, close friends of my were super concerned about Morocco's tolerance for Christianity.

Ang mga tanong nila sa akin borders on complete ignorance of the Moroccan culture and beliefs just like mine which I don't really find stupid but rather revealing of how much do I really know African countries, specially the Islamic North African country like Morocco.

I have now stayed here in Morocco for a month and a week and le' me list down some points our readers might be interested to find out about Morocco:

1. Morocco applied for membership in the European Union. Yes, Morocco is 45 minutes away from Spain by barge. Proximity as the reason? Economic stability? Probably.

2. Morocco is a Kingdom, a progressive one. His excellency King Mohammed VI has made reforms and instituted women's force in various key posts in his government and this is one major reason why women here in Morocco is almost on an equal footing with men.

3. Morocco in general is a country up north the equator, and it is cold for someone like me who is "lamigin".

4. Morocco has beautiful city gates that features centuries old architecture with a very Arab taste.

5. Yes, if you'd ask me if I love their food, very much. They are not spicy like the what I've thought would be. Tangine and couscous are great.

6. In Casablanca and Rabat, you'll find Mc Donalds, KFC, Fridays and Pizza hut. A proof that Morocco is in the right track.


Although I've written some of the reasons why I think Morocco projects a modern trending lifestyle, I still believe that this land has so much more catching up to do to meet the standards of an industrialized country.


Here's one more reason why.


By the way, for those of you interested in visiting Morocco, read up on Kingdom of Morocco's Ministry of Foreign Affairs website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Free Internet Chess Server

FICS: Free Internet Chess Server