Saturday, February 11, 2012

Promoting Positive Filipino Identity

There is so much work for us Filipinos to promote the positive Filipino Identity and we have all the tools to achieve it. Technology and the Internet are the two most accessible tools for us to use in this endeavor. Promoting a positive Filipino identity starts with knowing the things or symbols representing the Filipinos.

Francis Magalona did much of the promotion when he was alive. He did collaborative works with Raymond Red, another Filipino who made a good name for himself and the Filipinos on the global stage of film making:

 

1 comment:

  1. Dear The Brown Man,

    Please allow me to introduce myself to you. My name is Shelley Tuazon Guyton, and I am independently conducting a research project on social media and national identity in the Philippines. Through this research, I hope to analyze the many ways people might envision themselves as a nation. This project is affiliated with the Anthropology Department at the University of the Philippines, Diliman; and, it is funded by the Fulbright Program for mutual understanding between nations.

    Your blog was found by performing a search for keywords “Filipino identity blogger” across Google. I enjoyed reading this post, and I also found it relevant to my project. I would be grateful if you would consider participating in a short online survey. The survey takes about 5-7 minutes to complete. Your input would help me very much with my research. You may access the survey online here: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CXLZQG8

    Please feel free to contact me with any questions or comments you might have. My email address is shelley[dot]guyton[at]gmail[dot]com. Also, you can access my bio and additional information about this project on my LinkedIn profile: ph.linkedin.com/in/shelleyguyton . Thank you again for your time.

    Cordially,
    Shelley Tuazon Guyton

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Free Internet Chess Server

FICS: Free Internet Chess Server