Saturday, October 1, 2011

Queen Swings and a Checkmate

I played 1 minute games this afternoon right after recording my student's grade for their podcast and instructional videos. It has been a very busy two weeks for me, not to mention the two typhoons we have had (and currently have) Pedring and Quiel. Adding stress to my existence is the fact that I am substitute teaching for a subject I really thought would be peanuts but turns out to be a tough nut to crack.

Before I share the game which I won with a checkmate, I'd like to congratulate the Smart Gilas Basketball Team for showing a very improved level of playing and placing 4th in the FIBA Asia Championships. It was a sorry 2-point loss for us against the South Koreans which reminds all of us the Racela-missed free throws some years ago.

And lastly, I thought of sharing the one song performance we've had during the Filipino week where I played the guitar for the PE and Friends Band but I couldn't find it anywhere on the web yet. We played the song Jeepney by Kala and I thought we played it well enough. So, here is the game I won against a higher rated opponent over at ChessCube:

 

1 comment:

  1. Magaling ka na mag-blitz. Sa long game na lang tayo, hehehe.

    Lilet

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Free Internet Chess Server

FICS: Free Internet Chess Server