Friday, June 5, 2009

Early Morning Ifrane

Today we arrived in Ifrane around 745 in the morning and this is early by compared to the usual 820-825 last minute-arrival-before-the-school-bells-rings. I was surprised to find El Hajeb with a sunny sky and was surprisingly glad to see Ifrane covered with dark clouds. Ifrane residents on an early morning walk were all wearing the usual Ifrane-ish attire, winter jackets!

I thought I'd give myself the Friday walk but then changed my mind and went in our base camp and did all the things I could to make time worthwhile.

I saw the movie Into the West on MBC Max and man oh man, tears fell from my eyes in one scene when the self-abandoned father had visions of his wife and three children and he said:

"For two seasons, the mountains took my company and now it's taking my mind... As I look into the eyes of my children and see the hope that they would someday see their father's eyes I know I have to find them and I'd live for the day when I see them and be with them again."

Go find out what happened in the movie but I'm telling you, the scene was just the beginning of th man's heartaches.

Well, it's Friday and the next two weeks are test weeks for my ward.

I'll be home soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Free Internet Chess Server

FICS: Free Internet Chess Server