Sunday, February 8, 2009

Berber People?

Here I am again!

Just finished a dinner meeting I never knew about until I was invited just minutes before it started.

May mga bisita pala and ang mga bisita eh mga teachers din who spoke good English and French. Haba ng dinner time, 2 hours of eating, smiling, drinking and smiling, eating. Now where was the part where I speak? Heheheheh! a little 5% of the time because yes, everyone either spoke French or Arabic. Sorry me!

I was about to post my ocllected YouTubue videos when I was asked to go to the dining hall so I'm publishing these links here now, hope it helps the readers understand a little of what this country host of mine is all about.

First in line is the Berber Exploitation Video by journeymanpictures of YouTube. It pains me to find out about these things honestly. Naalala ko tuloy ang mga kapwa Filipino ko na inaalipusta ng ibat'ibang lahi at pati na rin ng mga bilang na bilang na elitsta sa sarili nating bayan ng Pilipinas. Nakakalungkot. Alam nyo ba nung araw na nagtatrabaho pa ang nanay ko sa Commercial Centers Group na ngayon ay Ayala Malls Group naeh lagi akong naba bad trip sa pintuan ng opisina? Pagpunta ko sa information center ang laging tanong sa akin eh, saang delivery po kayo? Mga lokoloko. Bakit pag foreigner na, or tisoy eh takot na takot kayong sinatahin? Kapag balat Pinoy na or kutis mahirap eh kulang na lang duraan ninyo?

Anyways, here is another link from wiki the free encyclopedia: Berber People. A good read indeed.

Kanina, I studied Ancient Egypt and interestingly I saw with my very own eyes yung pagka opposite ng Egypt and Morocco geographically. On opposite sides nga pala ang dalawang bansang ito. Heheheh!

Here is another link, Berbers by Looklex Encyclopedia. Interestingly may picture jan ng isang Berber woman with a clothing just like one of the househelps I took a picture of right?

Here is another one by Al-Bab.Com, The Berbers. Scholarly ang formatting ng site, it presents books about the topic.

Here is another one,Berber People. The statement below made me realize that such term is a racist in nature which I got from the link:


"Berber is a name that has been given them by others and which they themselves do not use. Amazigh history in North Africa is extensive and diverse. Their ancient ancestors settled in the area just inland of the Medeterranean Sea to the east of Egypt. Many early Roman, Greek, and Phoenician colonial accounts mention a group of people collectively known as Berbers living in northern Africa. In actuality, Berber is a generic name given to numerous heterogeneous ethnic groups that share similar cultural, political, and economic practices. Over the last several hundred years many Berber peoples have converted to Islam."



Anyways, buti na lang ang Pinoy di na tinatawag na mga Illustrado or Indio. Pano ba naman ang gagaling eh. Kahit saang lupalop ng mundo meron yatang Filipino. And alam nyo ba, yung boss kong lalaki dito speaks highly of the skills of FIlipinos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Free Internet Chess Server

FICS: Free Internet Chess Server