Friday, June 15, 2007

Reactions and Comments

Hi!

This has got to be the longest blog break I've had, almost a week. The reason? Our househelp didn't come back after her usual sunday off! Ghhhhhhhhhrrrrrrriiiiiiii! If only these people know the problems and inconvenience they leave behind, maybe they'll have a softer heart and will properly leave and inform their bosses.

Anyways, let's start things off with the comments and reactions we received regarding our previous post:

I smell a rat here...sounds like political muckraking...but claims have to be substantiated. I was talking to a club member at my club, Dumont Chessmates, and he told me that he remembers Paul Truong as a student at Dumont High School.He played at our club and for the high school as well. Obviously, this all happened after the time mentioned in this query. So, Truong has some background in chess, but is it as great as he claimed? I don't know. I was still living in the Philippines in the arly 70s, and I don't recall reading about a Vietnamese wunderkind making the news. This guy's best bet are the masters at that time who might remember, people like Cardoso, Naranja, Campo, Torre, and so on ( sorry, don't know if Cardoso is still alive). Naranja is a regualr at the Marshall Chess Club at the present time.
- By chessbuff


I know Paul Truong - new husband of the famous Susan Polgar.

They are both subjects of vicious disinformation of facts to discredit their candidacy for the USCF Board.

So I would not even read that kind of B.S.
- Anonymous

And this one, from one of the lecturers of CAAP seminars:

Hi Kiko!

This may sound late but yours truly is not an IA and a FIDE Trainer but a FIDE Instructor. Thanks, I hope the correction will put things in their proper perspective.

More power to your blog!

- Atty. RSTacorda

Attorney, I am so grateful for taking time out to read and comment for Philippine Chess, not just my blog, but our blog. By the way, I still haven't received an email from you regarding your promised sending of your lectures' soft copy. Batch Matatag requested for this and so I made sure to give you my email ad. It's been almost a year now and my inbox still waiting, maybe you just forgot because of too many workloads. Hope it comes anytime now!

More power to you, and all the people behind CAAP!

Moving on, I'd like to link you guys to one of our NCFP posts regarding the upcoming Battle of the Champions, a prelude, appetizer to the Shell National Active Chess Championship 2007.


That's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Free Internet Chess Server

FICS: Free Internet Chess Server