Sunday, June 16, 2013

Quo Vadis Pugad Baboy?

After a week of waiting and no news as where Pol Medina Jr. will bring his "baboys" in the Pugad that he created and nourished for a good 25 years, I ask the question now, Quo vadis Pugad Baboy?

The events leading to PM's resignation has been publicized and almost everyone on the Internet has something to say about it, I thought I should refrain from riding the wave of hits for my blog traffic. But here I am, writing about Pugad at almost 12 midnight.

I should.

I should because Philippine Komiks is back and in the mainstream with all the publication coming out every month and the recent turn out of Summer Komikon, Pinoy Komiks is back and I really hope its for good.

PM never wavered in following his passion and perfecting his craft. Pugad Baboy has become part of Pinoy consciousness. During the lean years, PM stayed and worked on his Pugad. He has inspired thousands of Filipino artists and one of them is Arnold Arre,

Arre created the video Pugad Baboy Shuffle as a simple thank you to PM. Let's watch it now:





Pol Medina Jr.'s comic strip that caused a sensation and which led him to resign over at Philippine Daily Inquirer:


And the now-collectible resignation letter from Pol to his boss, Ms. Letty Jimenez-Magsanoc:


I envy the guy holding this copy, seriously!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Free Internet Chess Server

FICS: Free Internet Chess Server