Saturday, October 9, 2010

2nd Southern City I-Tanzang Luma IV Invitational Chess Tournament

Another invitational chess tournament I have organized and will be directing tomorrow, October 10, 2010 in the multipurpose hall of the Our Lady of Miraculous Medal Chapel of Southern City I Subdivision, Tanzang Luma IV Imus.

Registration begins at 7:30 in the morning and the first round starts at 8. I will be assisted by Duncorr and JM, two 12 year olds volunteering for the task.

I was able to borrow 6 chess clocks from Mr. Asi Bagaipo, one of the founders of Imus Chess Association. Tournament sized wooden chessboards were borrowed from the Municipal Office through Counselor Shernan Jaro. Eureka chess sets will be used favorably though which were borrowed from the players themselves.

Half of the Juniors Chess Team of the University of Perpetual Help-Las Pinas are joining, Ms Carmela Galve of MILO Checkmate-Metropolitan Chess Club is joining too. The rest are the seniors of our subdivision and baranggay.

Cash prizes were provided by Kagawad Milo Amoroso.

Crossing my fingers now for a successful event tomorrow, it dawned on me that I am assigned to play the guitar with the children's choir for tomorrow's 5pm celebration of the Holy Eucharist.

Long day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Free Internet Chess Server

FICS: Free Internet Chess Server