Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Exploring Programs and Services for Special Needs

After ten years of working in the world of special education and rehabilitation, I am now at least about to attempt to break grounds with people in the government to lay out possible programs and projects for people with special needs.

At about 3 in the afternoon today, I'll be meeting one municipal councilor in our town to explore possible projects and proposals aimed to promote and protect the lives of people with special needs. I have so much ideas in my head right now but I need to control the urge to post them all here for now. Maybe I will list the major categories of what I have in mind:
  • Conducting a census of the town's special needs population
  • Training and  Education of the Children and Youth with Special Educational Needs (CYSEN)
  • Awareness Campaign (Government Employees and Public Servants, Private Organizations etc.)
  • Livelihood Projects for CYSEN
  • Linking with Institutions and Experts in the community and other neighboring towns 
So far these are the major concerns I will be bringing on the discussion table and these ain't simple tasks. It's time to test all the theories on community development.

Semper ad meloria!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Free Internet Chess Server

FICS: Free Internet Chess Server