Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Gunman and seven hostages killed in Manila

I learned about the hostage taking midday yesterday from the BBC News and the reporting team called the hostage taker as gunman. I was watching with my parents and my newly arrived balik-bayan brother and we were one in saying that BBC is into sensationalism. Why call someone a gunman when he hasn't shoot anyone yet?
 


Before I left  my parents house at around 2 in the afternoon to do my chess coaching in Merville, Paranaque, there was a piece of paper posted on the bus door which said:

"A big mistake over a big, wrong decision"
And this morning, I almost fell on my seat to learn that the hostage taking of several tourists from Hong Kong by dismissed senior police inspector Rolando Mendoza, ended with eight dead bodies including the hostage taker.



We have taken the center stage of the global news for the wrong reason!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Free Internet Chess Server

FICS: Free Internet Chess Server