Thursday, July 8, 2010

Magnus Carlsen: The Catwalk Champion

World's number one GM Magnus Carlsen starts his G-Star modeling career today. After a shabby photo published in Time Magazine some months ago, we can now expect MC to smile some more in front of the camera.

ChessVibes has the leak:
“I think I look tough,” Carlsen said to a journalist of NRK Sports, standing in front of a giant photo of himself. The contract with G-Star, already signed on February 1st but kept a secret until today, is for this year’s autumn and winter collection and includes one of the world’s largest fashion shows. Carlsen will probably go on the catwalk during the New York Fashion Week in September, as NRK reports. 
Carlsen told NRK:
“I think people will be surprised to see me like this. Surely just as surprised as I was when I was picked for this.”
NRK has a compilation from the photo shoot here and a video with Liv Tyler here. For further news about our future catwalk champion, visit Arctic Securities' Magnus Carslen Blog or Magnus Chess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Free Internet Chess Server

FICS: Free Internet Chess Server