Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Monster Dad

Hi there!

Yesterday around 11:30 in the morning, while I was in my one on one special education session with a student, I received a phone call froom my wife. She said "Pa, Ydam wants to talk to you, he's crying..." Ydam, my first born son, while on the phone, didn't say a word but all I head was humms and cries.... Now all I could say was "I love you Ydam, I love you, why is Kuya crying?"

Then the sweet loving voice of my wife again and said "Ydam said you turned into a monster... while sleeping!

Whaaaaat? Nyek! Then I asked her what did she do while hearing the story because I have always reminded her and adults to takes care of our kids to make sure they listen well, listen intently when kids talk, because we need to listen to the voices of naive, purely honest talk.

I could not stop myself from laughing quietly though while I listen for the rest of the story, I found it so cute that I had to go and tell my friends about it. And yes, the first "psych" question came from Nicole, a BS Clinical Psychology graduate from Assumption Makati. "Did you scold him yesterday? or within the past few days? "Hell No!" was my reply....

The school day ended and I hurriedly went home to make sure Ydam see me before he sleep for the night, you know, don't go to bed without mending it up with your loved ones.

And to my surprise, Ydam was so mad at me, in fact scolding me for becoming a monster, while he was asleep. It was around 7 in the evening and for him to be still mad at me, that speaks so much of the disturbance he had.

It went on for an hour even while we were eating, only when after we had our shower (Ydam, miguel and Me) that he started to play around with his dad. Running away from and actually waiting for my cue for them to run and be caught by my hands.

Hay hay!

I put them to sleep while they sang with me prayer songs which include Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory be and most especially Guardian Angels' song.

Educational Psychology says Ydam is starting to use creative imagery as evidenced by his description of how I looked like in his dream, or nightmare. Hopefully, thats the first and last for him, I pray and dream that he gets to dream calming and educational dreams!

Anyways, If you have seminars, workshops and events you'd like to post, please send it thru my comment box or email me.

The Grand Finals of The Children's Library Spelling Bee Contest is happening this Saturday, november 24 at The Robinson's Place Imus. Strats at 1 in the afternoon. Yours truly, together with Ms. Claire Dandan and Ms. Dianne will be joining me to head the Judge Committee.

Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Free Internet Chess Server

FICS: Free Internet Chess Server