Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Term Break Soon

Hi there!

First, I'm sorry for I have not kept my promise... my promise of posting at least one article a day for Creative Educational Interventions blog. Reason: So busy!

Our guy from The Children's Library Imus sent me the pictures and minutes from Spelling Bee Contest but I had some file posting issues so I had to delay the posting.

October 26 will be the last day for our first term here in school. Rule of thumb for teachers: Two weeks before any school break, that is the time when teachers have all the reporting to make. Report cards, quizzes and projects virtually fill up one's senses and take up much of your existence... not living! Ouch! The hazards of our profession!

For me, I may have only five students with special educational needs (SENS) but friends and colleagues have been clear about it: they don't envy my position specially during the report card making. I asked them one by one why they do and they simply referred me back to the report cards, it's a novel or they call it sweetly (the opposite!) "NOBELA YAN PRE'".

Harharhar! Since I love to write about things in life in general, I don't really find it as arduous as they see it. It's more of a time consuming lovely task for me though, but not something I would like to live without.

Going back to the term break starting October 27-November 4, I have already filled up my day to day activities and here is a bullet version:

- Bring Pat to her Art Lesson
(while waiting, teach and train chess to Joyce Canta to prepare her for the Provincial Chess Tournament by November 17)

- Play with Ydam, Miguel and Pat the whole day

- Cuddle up with Claire when possible! (kids can be so insecure when they see me give all my attention to their very loving mom!)

- When everyone asleep and Claire is glued to TV, that's my chance to prepare my PowerPoint presentation for my upcoming Seminar workshop "Recognizing and Addressing Needs Children With Special Needs in the Regular Classroom" by November 17.

- Play chess

- Read books

- Clean the house

Anyways, if you find this blog interesting, amazing (of course you do!) please spread the word. Help me spread the word!

Before I go, I'd like to let you on on one of the books I've been trying to re-read... The Little Monk by Harry Farra, locally published by St. Paul's Publishing. I got this book from my mother's collection and since then, I never returned it.

This is different from the book The little Prince guys but both of these books are included in Kiko's All Time Greatest Read! I think the number of books included in the list is around a hundred! Hahahahha! Sorry! When it comes to books, I'd fore go eating and rather buy and read books of my interest, of course, chess and books compete against each other for me.

I am planning to post each chapter summary for you to have a glimpse of what The Little Monk is really all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Free Internet Chess Server

FICS: Free Internet Chess Server