Monday, June 25, 2007

Drawn game?

White: De Ocampo, Maynard
Black: Buenaventura, Francis
Date: June 23, 2007
Time: 930am
Place: Imus, Cavite




Corrected notation:
1....... 1. rc4 +
2. Kd2 2. rc2 +
3. Ke3 ...

I thought it was!

Hi there!

The game position featured above was the position I thought I could escape with a draw. Sadly, I loss the game after several more moves, tsk! tsk! I thought I could do ala-Sander Severino's 1st round game in the 1st PGMA Cup, zugzwang and escaped with a draw... but not for me!

At first, when the position arrived, I was so excited wit the idea that i will be able to pull this one off, was laughing out loud in front of my enemy on the board because I kept on giving checks to the enemy King with my rook which, if captured, would lead to a drawn game. But he run away and hid behind his c and d pawns. In fact, he even took the long route, crossing the 4th rank and so on. He did not capture back! I lost against him after winning in streak for a month now. Ouch!

We had this game in the morning while I was waiting for my kids to be ready for our saturday get-away (Tagaytay cold-ness!) and imagine me the scene in our house when I took the board out in our sala and replayed the position. Hahahahah! The girls (my wife and daughter) said "We have to leave now or we'll be stuck waiting for the analysis of his game!"

For the whole day, the game was in my head and all I ever wanted to o was go home and play another game with him, revenge! Hahahahah!

Guys, what can Mr. Fritz say about the position? Was I really doomed? or could I have pulled that one off with a draw?

Help!

1 comment:

  1. this is dedette gonzales...francis, can you contact me? i dont have any friendster site. im using mark's! JUST GET IN TOUCH WITH ME!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Free Internet Chess Server

FICS: Free Internet Chess Server