Monday, March 17, 2008

Chess saves the earth?

Hey there!

After a Saturday marathon blogging I had, I thought I'd rest Sunday (yesterday) and I actually did. No nothing except sending the PGN files to those who requested for it. Spread the news, spread the PGN files it's for everyone!

Two weeks ago, I saw the films 11Th hour by Leonardo de Caprio and Al Gore's award winning An Inconvenient Truth. Both films deal with "Save The Earth" theme which I've been actively involved when I was in high school. The "truths" were horrifying but the cure were too elementary that's why people take it for granted. Here's one alert that brought me back to this save the earth thing, with of course relevance to our Royal game.Chess Saves The Earth by Nikita,Inconvenient Truth,Wacky Life-sized Chess and Climate Change Kids Site . Most of the chess persons I've met are deep thinkers almost always on the reflective side and I wish everyone gives our Mother Earth another chance to survive, for us, for her! Chess people can help save the Earth!

For Women's Chess, check out 2008 Russian Women's First League Final posted at Chess, Goddess and Everything. Women's chess survives but I really think there should never be any separation, remember, Gender bias is a form of discrimination!

Dana blogs chess features The Making of a Chess Lecture and tell you, it's a good read. Going over your games a major part of your training and development caught my attention.

Here's a post which shows us how to deal with our loved ones cockiness when getting an egg over the board. Chess parents can learn a lot from this and future parents too. Oh yes, I like the black and white photo there, somewhat gives the reader a nostalgic feel.

Elsewhere in the world, Vishy Anand wins over Kramnik in Amber Blindfold and Rapid Chess Tournament.

Chess Teacher gives his thoughts on Smothering the King.

That's it for now. The Weekender by Manny Benitez is next.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Free Internet Chess Server

FICS: Free Internet Chess Server